영어원서 읽기 Lean In

       mill around 서성거리다

After exchanging the usual pleasantries, 보통 하는 사교적인 인사를 주고받은 뒤

They demur 이의를 제기하다

At first she demurred, but then finally agreed.

when publicly welcomed 대중의 환영을 받으면

It was a watershed moment for me.

watershed

1. (중요한 변화를 나타내는) 분수령

2. (분수계, 즉 강물이 갈라지는 경계가 되는) 분수령

demur

이의를 제기하다

mill around

서성거리다

induct

1. 취임시키다

2. 입대시키다; (조직에) 가입시키다

3. (지식 분야로) 인도[소개]하다

A moment when I witnessed how an internal barrier can alter women'ts behavior.

A moment when I realized that in addition to facing institutional obstacles, women face a battle from within.

I told this story to illustrate how women hold themsleves back, literally choosing to watch from the sidelines.

I also deeply understood the insecurities that drew them to the side of the room and kept them glued to those chairs.

fraudu·lent

사기를 치는[치기 위한]

fraudulent advertising

impostor

1. (이름·주소·나이·직업 따위를) 사칭하는 사람, (다른 사람 행세를 하는) 사기꾼

articulate

1.동사 격식 (생각·감정을) 분명히 표현하다[설명하다]

2.동사 또렷이 말하다[발음하다/연주하다]

3.형용사 격식 (생각·느낌을) 잘[분명히] 표현하는

4. 형용사 또렷한, 분명한

Instead of feeling worthy of recogniton

Women can't seem to shake the sense that it is only a matter of time until they are found out for who they really are - impostors with limited skills or abilites.

여성들은 그들이 진정으로 누구인지 밝혀질 때까지, 즉 제한된 기술이나 능력을 가진 사기꾼인지 밝혀지는 것은 시간문제라는 인식을 떨칠 수 없는 것 같다.

Someone was articulating exactly how I felt.

누군가가 내 기분을 정확히 표현하고 있었습니다.

sus·cep·tible

1. 민감한

2. 예민한

3. …을 허용하는; …할 수 있는

vacil·late

(의견·생각이 남이 볼 때 짜증스러울 정도로) 흔들리다[자꾸 바뀌다]

Both men and women are susceptible to the impostor syndrome, but women tend to experience it more intensely and be more limited by it.

The beauty of the impostor syndrome is you vacillate between extreme egomania, and a complete feeling of;

Comments